Interior shutter blinds are the most energy efficient type of blinds on the market, which is enough to make any energy smart homeowner curious about these innovative window treatments. Some will shy away from the cost (the very best interior shutters will cost you anywhere from £250-£700). But before you start shopping, check out these reasons why interior shutters are worth the price tag:
1. Investment One of the best things about shutter blinds is how durable they are. Consider their installation an investment; you may be paying a bit more upfront, but they will last as long as you want them. Additionally, if your home may be for sale in the near future, keep in mind that buyers love seeing these shutters. They may even give your home an added advantage if its being compared to other properties.
2. Versatility Unlike other interior window treatments, shutters have two different modes of functionality. Youre able to adjust the slats for incremental lighting changes, or swing open the entire shutter for maximum light and transparency.
3. Ease of Use Most of us have been there: angrily pulling on the strings of rattling vertical blinds that just wont cooperate. Shutter blinds are a breath of fresh air for those who are accustomed to these cumbersome mini-blinds. They are far quieter (virtually silent) and operate with such simplicity. Just pull the center rod up or down to adjust your light exposure, or swing it open and closed. It could not be easier!
4. Private Ventilation If you want air flow with privacy, youll have to open the window but keep the blinds drawn. With standard string blinds, the rattling due to the air flow is enough to drive anyone crazy. Shutter blinds are so much sturdier that you can angle them up or down for privacy while still inviting air flow for ventilation.
5. Attractive This speaks for itself. They come in so many different sizes, shapes, and finishes that they can match anybodys décor style. Every slat of the blinds moves together, creating a clean, uniform addition to your living space. Add a fun cornice, valence, or set of curtains to complete the look.
6. Easy to Clean Being low-maintenance is a huge bonus. To clean your regular vertical blinds, youd have to battle flimsy slats and tons of string, and likely have to take them off the window. Shutter blinds can stay installed, have larger panels than string blinds, thus requiring a quick, easy wipe down of the slats.
7. Safety A lack of hanging strings means a lack of dangerous choking hazards for young children. They likely can still reach the rod to adjust the blinds, so shutters may not keep your little rascals from playing with them, but you can rest easy knowing they are safe.
8. Energy Efficiency If youve yet to be swayed to spring for interior shutters, consider the money youll save on energy costs. Shutters are about the most energy efficient type of interior window treatment, giving you a lower energy bill. These blinds pay for themselves!